Yes, I am alive. I had my tonsils removed 3 weeks ago. You would think I would've had nothing but time to write, but I spent a majority of it in a liquid Vicodin haze. Note to people with kids---get your kids tonsils out early. Note to adults---it sucks balls!
Most of my recovery was spent on the couch with Facebook pulled up. I did a lot of stalking in that month off. I ate Jello, and checked the status updates of people I haven't spoken to in years. I couldn't help but notice some girls on my Facebook are just starving for attention. I post a lot on there, I know, but these girls are posting updates like, "Oh my God, I am so ugly" or "Look how fat I am" or "I never find a boy who cares about me." Well, maybe you should start caring about yourself, and spend some time looking within. The last boy you "loved" after 2 weeks of dating was just like the other boy you "loved" after dating for 2 weeks. It's not rocket science.
I don't get why girls are afraid of being alone. Yeah, it sucks. Who wants to go to dinner alone? Or a movie? No one! But people do it everyday. You may be thinking, "Who are you to talk? You're in a long term relationship." Yes I am, but before Nick and I got together I was single for close to 3.5 years. Yeah, I went on dates, kissed random boys, and had fun, but I learned about myself in that time. I committed to nobody but myself. I found out that I don't mind being alone. I'd rather be alone than with the wrong person. Every person you meet teaches you something--whether it's good or bad.
Girls, stop attaching yourself to douche bags just so you don't have to be alone. Save yourself the heartache---and possible herpes---buy a dildo and learn who you are inside and out. You're the best date you'll ever have. The only relationship that is GUARANTEED to last forever is the one you have with yourself.
That might be the most insightful series of thoughts I've ever heard from you. You hit the nail right on the head and I think you're so right that it needs to be shared. Thank you.
ReplyDelete